Contracts And Practice >
Corporate Social Responsibility >
Environment Sustainability >
Lu Ban >
Membership And Welfare >
Manpower And Policy >
Productivity And Technology >
Public Affairs And International Relations >
Standards And Quality >
Workplace Safety And Health >
CONTRACTS AND PRACTICE
Chairman : Mr Wilson Wong
- To examine any issues pertaining to contractual matters or construction/building practices that are of importance to the industry and put up necessary recommendations for the Council’s endorsement
- To liaise and organise dialogues with other professional/government bodies on any policy and course of action on contractual matters that affect contractors
- To review existing and new policies that are of direct relevance and importance to the practices of contractors
- To make representations to the government agencies to voice opinions and offer feedback of the Association
- To establish a close rapport between contractors and the government agencies
- Hold dialogues with government departments, government agencies, professional institutions and trade associations
- Hold regular meetings with contractors
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
Chairman : Mr Yong Jian Rong
- Embrace and encourage initiatives that are geared towards making a positive impact on the local communities
- Provide support to the Voluntary Welfare Organisations (VWOs) and the less privileged through contributions in-kind donations, volunteerism and community outreaches
- Create opportunities and encourage SCAL members and employees to participate in various Corporate Social Responsibility projects
- To set up and administer the scholarship and welfare fund designed for members' benefit.
- Organise social support activities such as the CSR Chinese New Year Lunch for the elderly residents
- Facilitate and recruit potential blood donors through the blood donation drive recruitment programmes
- Initiate fundraising events such as the SCAL Charity Golf Tournament to provide financial support for our selected charities.
- Organise community outreaches such as the Clean-a-Home programme to provide a safe and clean living environment for seniors staying in rental units
- Collaborate with the Building Construction Authority of Singapore to facilitate the refurbishing works for the Singapore Association of the Visually Handicapped
- Administer the Bursary Awards to Primary, Secondary and Junior College students.
- Administer the SCAL-Lu Ban Scholarship Awards
Chairman : Mr Raymond Chan
- Identifying key digitalisation needs within construction industry such as areas which are under-digitalised and find solutions to build up on these areas
- Identifying solutions to build capabilities to digitalise the construction sector with the objective of increasing productivity, save cost, reduce wastage and increasing safety
- Raising awareness of advantages and prospects of digitalisation
- To disseminate information to members and update on IDD trends and initiatives in the industry
- To consult various stakeholders in the industry such as government, contractors, suppliers and IDD-related solutions
- To network within construction industry and across CIJC
- To liaise/collaborate with authorities, Institutes of Higher Learning, solution/service provider
- To organise and hold events and outreach programmes to extend and establish IDD in the construction sector
Chairman : Mr Raymond Chan
- To promote awareness among members of the environmental impacts of construction.
- To promote and educate members on sustainable construction.
- To collaborate across organisations, institutions and government bodies locally and internationally to deliver sustainable development solution and for technology sharing.
- Source and invite organisations and government bodies to give talks on environmental and sustainable construction related topics.
- Encourage greater involvement of members on sustainable construction through introduction of sustainable-related technology and materials.
- Appoint SCAL representatives to external committees to exchange ideas on sustainable construction.
- Review regulatory requirements on environmental sustainability.
Chairman : Mr Quek Hong Peng
- To maintain the Lu Ban shrine and advise the SCAL Council on matters of heritage and traditions relating to the Lu Ban Xian Shi
- To plan and organise the annual Lu Ban Birthday Anniversary Celebrations
- To administer the SCAL-Lu Ban Bursary Awards
- To administer donations to schools from the SCAL-Lu Ban Education Fund
- Support the annual Lu Ban host (炉主) and committee members to organise the annual Lu Ban Birthday Anniversary Celebrations
- Support the annual Lu Ban host (炉主) and committee members to organise the annual Lu Ban ceremonial prayer
- Assess eligibility criteria of SCAL-Lu Ban Bursary Award applicants
- Identify and assess prospective schools to be recipients of SCAL-Lu Ban Education Fund donations
MEMBERSHIP AND WELFARE
Chairman : Mr Ng Yek Meng
- To help contractors adapt to present industry conditions
- To secure for its members all advantages of unanimity of action
- To respond to the need of members for industrywide issues
- To promote membership
- To identify and accredit a core of active trade subcontractors in the construction industry who are able to meet the quality and productivity needs of the industry
- To provide a list of recommended and accredited trade subcontractors
- To promote rapport and interaction among member companies
- To reinforce members’ efforts and responsibilities in employees’ welfarre
- To provide relief to family members of members’ employees during their times of difficulties
- To actively promote charity events that give Members hands-on experiences in reaching out to the society’s less fortunate
- Organise annual CEO Lunches, SCAL AGM, Lunar New Year Lunch and Family Day
- Organise membership drives
- Regularly monitor the practices of SLOTS members
- Co-ordinate with government agencies on the status and current listing of SLOTS
MANPOWER AND POLICY
Chairman : Mr Tan Ann Kiong
- To facilitate members with information, highlighting the impact and making recommendation to the regulations and policies implemented/going to be implemented by the authorities and/or industrial bodies.
- To gather feedback from members and communicate with the relevant parties to ensure the needs and interests of members are well provided
- To review and deliberate on manpower issues and policies pertaining to the construction industry
- Attend dialogue/feedback/consultation sessions with the relevant ministries and authorities on manpower, regulation and policy issues
- Inform members and gather feedback from them on new policies by various government agencies
- Organise social and recreational activities for foreign workers
PRODUCTIVITY AND TECHNOLOGY
Chairman : Mr David Leong
- To introduce members on the use of technology (plants and equipment) in their business, the current and latest system available in the industry to achieve greater efficiency and productivity
- To enhance the productivity of the industry through building the capacity and capabilities of members
- Organise annual SCAL Productivity and Innovation Awards
- Conduct monthly outreach, training and hands-on sessions.
- Create awareness of the financial schemes that is available in the industry for technology adoption and savings in their business costs
- Conduct productivity studies of the Construction Industry
PUBLIC AFFAIRS AND INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
Chairman : Mr Ng Yek Meng
- To provide regular publications which updates members on current news of the construction and building industry
- To market Singapore contractors as an entity as and when they participate in overseas missions, exhibitions and trade fairs
- To initiate closer ground level contact among members for the purpose of sharing and exchanging overseas experiences
- Produce quarterly newsletters for The Contractor to keep members updated with the industry and association news
- Media liaisons and international relations
- Organise foreign Trade Missions and participate in Conferences and exhibitions with an international thrust; receive foreign trade delegates and visitors
- Administer the Bursary Awards and SCAL Lu Ban Scholarship Awards
- Update The Contractor’s Directory
STANDARDS AND QUALITY
Chairman : Dr Ho Nyok Yong
- To ensure representation of SCAL in the drafting of national standards relevant to industry practice and interest.
- To appoint and monitor the performance of SCAL representatives with the aim to ensure that any industrial feedback furnished to professional bodies is in the general interest of the Association and its members
- Appoint SCAL representatives to external committees for the establishment of standard practices
- Peruse draft codes and comment, where possible
- Promote standards and practices that have been developed or adopted
WORKPLACE SAFETY AND HEALTH
Chairman : Mr Lee Kay Chai
- To promote safety awareness and cultivate safe working habits among construction workers
- Organise WSH activities for members such as the annual Construction Safety, Health & Security Seminar, safety time-out campaigns, site visits etc.
- Administer the WSH Awards for Supervisors and WSH Innovation Awards for the Construction Industry
- Hold regular meetings with relevant regulatory authorities and agencies such as the Ministry of Manpower (MOM) and Workplace Safety and Health Council (WHSC)
- Hold regular committee meetings on guidelines and regulations for construction safety issues
- Hold workgroup meetings on Work at Height, Lifting, Traffic Management, Worksite Noise, Vector Control etc.